Ad

Selena Gomez sheds tears as she accepts the Cannes Film Festival's longest-standing ovation

Selena Gomez
Selena Gomez sheds tears as she accepts the Cannes Film Festival's longest-standing ovation.
(Courtesy: from The News International, Credit: by WebDesk, Dated: 19 May 2024)

 

Selena Gomez sheds tears as she accepts the Cannes Film Festival's longest-standing ovation.

Written by Muhammad Nadeem Khan

Selena Gomez Receives Longest Standing Ovation at Cannes, Gets Emotional

#NewsReport (from the WebDesk and the other news sources)


Selena Gomez was moved to tears after receiving the longest-standing ovation at the Cannes Film Festival for her new movie, Emilia Pérez. The Only Murders in the Building star was visibly emotional as the audience in the Palais applauded her performance on May 18, according to Deadline.


Reports from Variety indicate that Selena broke down in tears as the audience rose to their feet, cheering after the film. Her co-stars, Zoe Saldaña and Édgar Ramírez, also witnessed the overwhelming response.

Earlier that evening, Selena made a striking entrance at the festival, joining the cast and director on the red carpet. 

She dazzled in a black velvet gown with white bardot sleeves, complemented by a diamond necklace.

Selena reflected on her role in Emilia Pérez in January during an appearance on the SmartLess podcast. 


(Video Source: Smartless)


She shared a particularly poignant scene that resonated deeply with her personal experiences. "There’s this scene where I’m being left – I’m not giving anything away – and I remembered the moment when I had to go to rehab for the first time. It felt really cathartic," she explained.


Discussing her acting career, Selena expressed her desire to explore her full potential. "I don’t think I’ve been able to even touch the surface of what I know I’m capable of doing," she said. "I’m very selective, or else I’d be in all of the movies I get offered. I just fight for my roles and I’m always auditioning, so I like to earn it."


Organic Hits


coinpayu



Post a Comment

Previous Post Next Post
News