Ad

Oprah Winfrey discusses her decision to leave the WeightWatchers board

Oprah Winfrey
Oprah Winfrey discusses her decision to leave the WeightWatchers board.
(Courtesy: from The News International, Credit: by Christina Harrold, Dated: 15 March 2024)

 

Oprah Winfrey discusses her decision to leave the WeightWatchers board.

Written by Muhammad Nadeem Khan

Oprah Winfrey Explains Decision to Leave WeightWatchers Board

#NewsReport (from the WebDesk and the other sources)


Oprah Winfrey recently revealed the reason behind her decision to step down from the board of WeightWatchers during an appearance on Jimmy Kimmel Live! 

The media mogul clarified that her departure was prompted by her desire to maintain integrity and avoid any potential conflicts of interest.

Speaking candidly on the show, Winfrey explained, "I decided that, because this special was really important to me and I wanted to be able to talk about whatever I want to talk about, and WeightWatchers is now in the business of being a weight health company that also administers drug medications for weight." At 70 years old, Winfrey expressed her concerns about any perception of conflict and opted to resign from the board.


To mitigate any ambiguity, Winfrey took proactive steps. "I resigned from the board and donated all of my shares to the National Museum of African American History and Culture," she stated emphatically, ensuring that her involvement with the television special, 'An Oprah Special: Shame, Blame, and the Weight Loss Revolution', would not be tainted by financial interests.

Reflecting on her personal journey, Winfrey shared insights into the creation of her forthcoming television special. "The first time I did a mile, it took me almost two hours to finish a mile. And every day I would try to do a little more, a little more," she revealed, underscoring her commitment to her health and wellness goals.


Despite the prevalence of discussions about medications, Winfrey remained steadfast in her approach. "Even though I was hearing all along people talking about the medications, I felt like I've gotta do it my way and had to prove that I could do it on my own," she added.


(Video Source: Jimmy Kimmel Live)


Oprah Winfrey's decision to leave the WeightWatchers board underscores her dedication to transparency and her unwavering commitment to her values, serving as an inspiration to many on their own wellness journeys.


Organic Hits


coinpayu


Post a Comment

Previous Post Next Post
News